Greg Finch is a registered patent attorney and corporate attorney. His practice focuses on several areas of intellectual property – including patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets – as well as business transactions, licensing, and corporate governance. While Greg represents a variety of business enterprises, a significant portion of his work is dedicated to technology companies, consumer product companies and startups, for which he often acts as an outside general counsel.
Greg has extensive experience in helping companies to develop intellectual property portfolios that align with strategic business objectives. He works to support the value and growth of each client’s business, while reducing risk through legal strategies that are tailored to the needs of each client. Greg also has a China practice focused on helping companies manufacturing product in China to establish and enforce “supply-side” intellectual property protection.
Greg brings a deep passion for entrepreneurship to the practice of law, and loves working with startups and emerging growth companies. In addition to his practice, Greg is actively involved in developing legal tech products, and pro bono activities related to independent inventor education and advocacy. Greg has been involved in a number of startups, both as a consultant and equity partner. Prior to practice, Greg worked in business development in the federal marketplace, as well as analytical chemistry.
- State of South Carolina
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, University of New Hampshire School of Law, 2011
- Master of Laws – Intellectual Property, cum laude, University of New Hampshire School of Law, 2011
- Bachelor of Arts, Biology, College of Charleston, 2007
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Franklin Pierce Center for Intellectual Property Law, 2011
- Charleston Inventors Association, co-founder
- United Inventors Association
- South Carolina Bar
- American Intellectual Property Law Association